Friday, June 08, 2007

God's Boxes

God's Boxes
>I have in my hands two boxes
>Which God gave me to hold.
>He said, "Put all your sorrows in the black box,
>And all your joys in the gold."
>
>I heeded His words, and in the two boxes
>Both my joys and sorrows I stored.
>
>But though the gold became heavier each day
>The black was as light as before.
>With curiosity, I opened the black,
>I wanted to find out why,
>And I saw, in the base of the box, a hole
>Which my sorrows had fallen out by.
>
>I showed the hole to God, and mused,
>"I wonder where my sorrows could be."
>He smiled a gentle smile and said,
>"My child,they're all here with me."
>
>I asked God, why He gave me the boxes,
>Why the gold, and the black with the hole?
>"My child, the gold is for you to count your
>blessings, The black is for you to let go."
>
>We should consider all of our friends a blessing.
>Send this to a friend today just to let them
>know you are thinking of them
>that they are a joy in your life:
>A ball is a circle, no beginning, no end.
>It keeps us together like our Circle of Friends
>But the treasure inside for you to see
>Is the treasure of friendship you've granted to me.
>Today I pass the friendship ball to you.
>Pass it on to someone who is a friend to you...

No comments:

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)